We're Hiring (University of Michigan students only)
We are hiring two Ford School of Public Policy graduate students (MPPs or MPAs) for the 2020-21 academic year. Fordies, please see Simplicity for the job description and information about how to apply.
About our Research Assistant Experience
The Center employs approximately 25 student research assistants per semester from six University of Michigan schools and colleges to work one-on-one with faculty, or in interdisciplinary teams, on a wide range of issues at the intersection of finance, law, and policy. Students are generally supervised by the Center's assistant executive director, acting under the direction of the faculty director and certain faculty affiliates. During the school year, students work 10-15 hours per week.
The CFLP Research Assistant experience is designed to provide our students with:
(1) substantive knowledge about a cutting-edge topic that differentiates our RAs from their peers;
(2) work product that demonstrates the student's accumulated knowledge and their capacity for taking on questions where there are no clear answers yet;
(3) a close relationship with a faculty or staff member who acts as a mentor to the student;
(4) opportunities to network with leaders in the fields of financial regulation, fintech, and entrepreneurship by working on our projects and participating in our conferences and events; and
(5) opportunities to build relationships across the University, through professional development activities like "RA Show & Share" and social activities such as CFLP trivia.