Now accepting applications from Ross School of Business students for an Accounting Coordinator for Free Accounting Fridays. FAF is a component of the Detroit Neighborhood Entrepreneurs Project.
This position is only open to current Ross School of Business students. For a full job description and details about how to apply, please see the job posting on Michigan Ross' Symplicity site.
About our Research Assistant Experience (University of Michigan students only)
The Center employs 28 student research assistants per semester from more than seven University of Michigan schools and colleges to work one-on-one with faculty, or in interdisciplinary teams, on a wide range of issues at the intersection of finance, law, and policy. Students are generally supervised by the Center's assistant executive director, acting under the direction of the faculty director and certain faculty affiliates. During the school year, students work 10-15 hours per week.
The Center also typically hires 4-6 law, public policy, business, and/or engineering students each summer, working 15-30 hours per week.
The CFLP Research Assistant experience is designed to provide our students with:
(1) substantive knowledge about a cutting-edge topic that differentiates our RAs from their peers;
(2) work product that demonstrates the student's accumulated knowledge and their capacity for taking on questions where there are no clear answers yet;
(3) a close relationship with a faculty or staff member who acts as a mentor to the student;
(4) opportunities to network with leaders in the fields of financial regulation, fintech, and financial inclusion by working on our projects and participating in our conferences and events; and
(5) opportunities to build relationships across disciplines at the University, through professional development activities like "RA Show & Share" and social activities such as CFLP trivia.